Aloe vera extract (inner leaf gel powder)
Aloe vera extract inner leaf gel powder includes Manapol®, a polysaccharide found in aloe vera gel. A unique ingredient exclusive to Mannatech, Incorporated, Manapol is extracted from fresh, washed and filtered gel by a specialized extraction method that yields insoluble fibers and stabilized, high molecular weight (MW) soluble fibers rich in long-chain mannose sugars—beta-(1-4)-acetylated polymannans. Many attribute the benefits of topically and orally-applied aloe vera gel to its polymannan content. The MW of over 20% of Manapol is >800,000. It also contains the monosaccharide sugars glucuronic acid, glucose, galacturonic acid, xylose, galactose, glucosamine, fucose, rhamnose and arabinose, and small amounts of protein, calcium, potassium and sulfate 1,2,3.
This ingredient can be found in the following products in United States:
- Advanced Ambrotose® Capsules
- Advanced Ambrotose® Powder
- Ambrotose® Complex Powder
- GinMAX Tablets
- GlycoCafe Slimsticks
- TruPLENISH™ Chocolate Nutritional Supplement Shake
- TruPLENISH™ Vanilla Nutritional Supplement Shake
- Luta G, McAnalley B. Aloe vera: chemical composition and methods used to determine its presence in commercial products. GlycoScience & Nutrition 2005;6:1-12.
- Duncan, C., Ramberg, J., and Sinnott, R. Striking differences in Aloe vera gel carbohydrate composition, molecular weight and particle size distributions following processing will not be addressed by dietary supplement GMPs. Poster Presentation at the 5th Annual Natural Supplements Conference, January 17-20, 2008, Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine, San Diego, California.
- Luta G, Duncan C, Sinnott R. Chemical characterization of polysaccharide-rich ingredients from Aloe vera, Larix laricina and Larix occidentalis, and Undaria pinnatifida. Presented at the 6th Annual Natural Supplements Conference, January 22-25, 2009, Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine, San Diego, California.