Carrot. The edible roots of the carrot plant, Dacus carota, are one of the world’s leading vegetable crops. Carrots are a member of the parsley family, Apiaceae or Umbelliferae, and are one of the richest vegetable sources of vitamin A and beta-carotene 1. Carrots are also a good source of vitamin K and a source of vitamin C, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, manganese, dietary fiber and potassium 2. Many of these nutrients have antioxidant activities.
This ingredient can be found in the following products in United States:
- Ambrotose AO® Capsules
- Catalyst™ Multivitamin Tablets
- MannaBears™ Pectin Based Gummy
- NutriVerus™ Powder
- Optimal Support Packets
- Phyt•Aloe® Capsules
- TruPLENISH™ Creamy Vanilla Nutritional Supplement Shake
- TruPLENISH™ Rich Chocolate Nutritional Supplement Shake
- Ensminger AH, Ensminger ME, Konlande JE, Robson JRK. The Concise Encyclopedia of Foods and Nutrition. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press, 1995.