Gum acacia, also known as gum arabic, is the gum that exudes from the acacia tree, Acacia senegal or Acacia seyal. Gum acacia is a water-soluble dietary fiber used primarily to control the consistency of food and beverages. Monosaccharide constituents include galactose, arabinose, glucuronic acid and rhamnose 1. Gum acacia is included in the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Inactive Ingredients Guide as safe to use in the amounts present in our products 2. It is also an approved food additive by the U.S. FDA (21CFR184.1330).
This ingredient can be found in the following products in United States:
- GI-Defense™ Capsules
- GI-ProBalance® Slimsticks
- MannaBears™ Pectin Based Gummy
- MannaBOOM™ Slimsticks
- TruPLENISH™ Creamy Vanilla Nutritional Supplement Shake
- TruPLENISH™ Rich Chocolate Nutritional Supplement Shake
- Whistler RL, BeMiller JN. Carbohydrate Chemistry for Food Scientists. St. Paul, Minn.: American Association of Cereal Chemists, Inc., 1999.
- Food and Drug Administration. EAFUS: A Food Additive Database. http://www.foodsafety.gov/~dms/eafus.html. 10-17-2008. 12-4-2008.