Strawberry. Strawberries are the world’s leading berry-type fruit, although technically they are not a true fruit but a pseudocarp, literally translated as “false fruit” 1. They are an excellent source of vitamin C and a source of bioflavonoids, such as quercetin, which demonstrate antioxidant activities 2, 3.
This ingredient can be found in the following products in United States:
- NutriVerus™ Powder
- TruPLENISH™ Creamy Vanilla Nutritional Supplement Shake
- TruPLENISH™ Rich Chocolate Nutritional Supplement Shake
- Ensminger AH, Ensminger ME, Konlande JE, Robson JRK. The Concise Encyclopedia of Foods and Nutrition. Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press, 1995.
- United States Department of Agriculture. USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 21. http://www.ars.usda.gov/main/site_main.htm?modecode=12-35-45-00. 2008.
- USDA Agricultural Research Service. USDA Database for the Flavonoid Content of Selected Foods. USDA Department of Agriculture, 2003.